Dispatched from the BSA factory in 1940 into the service of the British War Department (Army), this motorcycle saw active service during WW2. It was last overhauled in November 1951 by the British Army and saw service with the Wessex Territorial Army Regiment in SW England.
Disposed of by the British Army in the mid-1960s and sold to a private owner in Canada, the motorcycle has seen subsequent owners in Florida, California and Washington State. It finally became part of the Gordon and Alice Leishman Collection in 2016 where it was refurbished again in 2017.
Sporting the original census number C434512, this WM20 has been painted in WW2 Olive Drab and commemorates the Wessex “Recon” Regiment 41 Division of WW2 including the Wyvern logo on the petrol tank.
This WM 20 is in good mechanical condition and is ridden often around Port Orange, Florida.