This car was imported through Max Hoffman in New York City in 1952. He was responsible for bringing great European cars to America.
It spent its early life in the New York area with later life in Florida. This car was purchased by the current owners in 2006 as an uncompleted restoration project as the restorer passed away mid-project. A seven year restoration ensued. OEM parts were sourced from around the globe.
The XK120 was designed as a touring car but enjoyed much success in racing. Their main weaknesses were drum brakes which wore quickly and heavy steering. The front drum brakes have been replaced with discs to make the car more driveable.
The car is powered by a 160 horsepower, 3.4 liter, inline-six cylinder engine with twin SU carburetors. Peak horsepower was achieved at 5000 rpm. 120 mph was the promised top speed from the factory however the top speed of the vehicle was actually around 126-132 mph depending on the trim of the vehicle. It was the fasgallery.adamsviews.net/artofsteel2015/ production car available at that time.
You may purchase a print in our dElegance 2019 online gallery.