This 1905 Columbia Mark XXXV features formal open-drive Brougham coachwork that shows its horse-drawn carriage roots, through the lofty chauffeur's position and enclosed passenger compartment. It is an imposing machine with massive artillery wheels and solid rubber tires of 38 and 42 inches in diameter. Rather than a single motor driving a shaft or chain to the rear axle, the Mark XXXV features an unusual dual-motor layout with the two huge electric motors powering ring gears affixed to the inside of each rear wheel. It is believed that the opulent leather interior is original to the car.
This car was discovered tucked away in a New York City livery stable by the famed collector and historian Henry Austin Clark, Jr. The Columbia was displayed in his world-famous Long Island Automotive Museum for many years until it joined another prominent collection from 1982-2018.